Saturday 7/31: Wire Work Pearl Jewelry Class!
Clear your calendars everyone, on Saturday 7/31 we’ll be hosting our very first class right here at Modern Mouse! Jewelry enthusiasts will be excited to hear that this class will be taught by Mollie Chen of Mu-Yin Jewelry, maker of the peapod necklaces and other deliciously delicate pieces of wire wrapped and freshwater pearl jewelry you’ve seen on our shelves.
In this class, students will learn to connect wire links to make bracelets, necklaces and/or earrings. Depending on your speed, students will go home with 1~2 colored pearl bracelets and/or earrings. Mollie will supply base metal wire, pearl beads in assorted colors so that students can create a color mix of their design. Tools will be provided and will also available to purchase after the class!
*Pearls supplied for the class will be slightly different.
More class details:
- Class: Wire Worked Pearl Jewelry
- Date: Saturday, July 31st from 10:00am – 11:30am
- Instructor: Mollie Chen, Mu-Yin Jewelry
- Price: $45 per student, all materials included
- Materials: Base metal wire and colored pearls in assorted colors will be provided. No need to bring a thing but your fine selves!
- Class size: maximum 6 students (2 minimum)
- Levels: Beginner
- Techniques: jewelry layout and design, creating and connecting wire links, attaching jump rings and clasps
To sign up:
Or, reserve your space by paying in full using one of the options below.
- Call us at 510-814-8830 with your Visa, MC or Discover Card payment info.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interested, and we’ll contact you to arrange payment.
- Visit and pay in store by cash or credit card.
More about Mollie:
Mollie’s been making jewelry for 5 years and runs her own successful shop on Etsy. Her jewelry has been featured on multiple blogs as well as on Figure Magazine, and her work has even attracted the attention of Elle Magazine last year.
Mollie’s blog includes lots of jewelry making tips and one of her jewelry tutorials was published in Bead Trends magazine. She also had some jewelry making tips published in BeadStyle Magazine back in 2008.
To top it all off, Mollie is the fearless leader of our Full Time Etsy Crafters Team, an Etsy Street Team that’s been spotlighted a few times on Etsy’s widely read blog:
- Featured Team: Full Time Etsy Crafters Team
- Etsy Finds: The A-Team
- Before and After With Etsy’s Old Timers & Full-Timers
You can read even more about Mollie in her interview for Inc.com’s recent article, “How to Make Money on Etsy“.
The fine print:
- If you register but are unable to attend the class, simply contact us at least 7 days before your class for a full refund.
- Sorry, we cannot offer refunds for missed classes.
- If your class is canceled due to low registration, we’ll call to notify you of the cancellation and you will be issued a refund or class credit for the fees you paid in advance.