Come Summer 2013, we’ll have a new opening on our team! If you or someone you know is on the market for a fun, rewarding job in a unique retail environment where you’re surrounded by handmade awesomeness by local and indie design artists, then we invite you to read on.
This is a part-time, hourly position that will be available beginning in either June or July 2013. The position requires 20-30 hours per week on a set weekly schedule.
Note to summer job seekers: we really appreciate your interest; however, we’re in need of a longer-term candidate who can make a commitment to be here at least through the holidays, and preferably beyond to help us grow and thrive!
=== Qualifications ===
- Positive attitude. Energetic, enthusiastic, and inspires others.
- Genuinely cares about and enjoys working with people.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about handmade products and the handmade movement.
- Has a strong desire to help our business grow and thrive.
- Responsible, reliable, thorough, proactive, self-motivated.
- Has strong organizational skills, and understands the importance of even minor details.
- Communicates openly, clearly and professionally.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Takes pride in his/her work, and considers no job too big or too small.
- Quick to learn, interested in picking up new skills and finding ways to do things better.
- Fun, has a sense of humor and is easy to work with.
- Honest, trustworthy and with personal integrity.
=== Key Responsibilities ===
- Deliver excellent customer service, and make customers feel valued and special
- Understand, anticipate and respond appropriately to customer needs
- Inform and inspire customers about our mission and the artists we represent
- Take special orders for out-of-stock items, and follow through on them
- Demonstrate, maintain and share a strong knowledge of all the products we carry
- Perform POS sales transactions, data management and reporting functions
- Execute opening and closing procedures with efficiency and accuracy
- Use Modern Mouse systems and checklists to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Enforce and maintain excellent standards of cleanliness and organization
- Stock and replenish the sales floor in accordance with visual standards
- Ensure that all products meet quality and presentation standards
- Comply with inventory and loss prevention policies to minimize loss and maximize sales
- Complete all agreed upon projects as outlined in Basecamp, and as needed
- Continuously look for ways to help Modern Mouse grow and improve
=== Other Requirements ===
- Able to work weekends, evening, and holiday shifts (see our About Us page for holidays observed)
- Technically savvy and comfortable working on computer and online applications
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment preferred
- Experience making handmade crafts, or participating in the indie/craft scene preferred
=== About Modern Mouse ===
To read more about us, please visit:
Our website: http://www.modernmousegifts.com/
=== To Apply ===
Email your resume to eleen [at] modernmousegifts [dot] com. We’ll review all entries and respond to you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your interest!